We have been hearing a lot of exhaustion and burnout in our community. We are also processing very difficult news in the media and wrapping up our 15th month in this global pandemic.. We thought it might be time for a shift in perspective, even for a moment.
We want to inspire our community to look for HOPE. We are asking for photo submissions representing hope in your everyday life. The photos can be literally anything (social media appropriate).
Perhaps its a favorite small moment in your day,
or a place/experience you are missing and looking forward to connecting with again.
Hope can also be symbolic. Nature, movement, etc.
We want to share these images in a gallery on our website, Instagram and Facebook pages for the months of June and July.
1. One entry per person
2. The deadline for submission is midnight (Mountain time) on Wednesday, June 23.
3. Send your submissions to . Please indicate
a) if we have permission to share your image on social media
b) if you would like your first name attached to your photo please tell us, otherwise your identity will remain anonymous.
4. The winner will be contacted by email on Thursday, June 24. Please check your junk mail! If you would rather us contact you by phone, please include your phone number in your submission email.
5. The gift basket will be immediately available to the winner. We can deliver within the Edmonton city limits, or you are welcome to pick up your prize at our office any time before Saturday, July 3.
5. While we welcome national and international entries, we would like to award this basket locally (to the Edmonton and surrounding areas).
Our gift basket has a mental health/ self care theme (of course!)
We tried to focus on the 5 pillars of mental health: sleep, exercise, education, diet and social connectivity. Some items in the basket include:
a gift card for one therapy session
a one week meal plan focused on nutrients to support a stressed out body (Donated by the incredible Kat Vernelli at Kat Vernelli Nutrition)
our favourite book on sleep hygiene
tea and lavender aromatherapy mist from Mother Earth Essentials
1 month of virtual classes (yoga and circuit training) OR a 1 month personalized program (donated and designed by Taylor Headon at Taylor Made Fitness)
We can't wait to see your HOPE.